Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What are the differences between Base(Express) and ND

What are the differences between Base(Express) and ND(XD)?


Base edition and Express editions are almost similar except packaging structure. XD has advanced capabilities to ND to serve and dealing the complexity of huge applications. The differences between Base and ND edition are…


* Performance wise no difference between Base and Network deployment

Base edition

1) For small scale applications

2) Cell configuration, Dmgr and Node agent not available

3) It is not supporting the horizontal clustering though we can’t avoid single point of failure



Network Deployment edition

1) For more complex and critical large applications

2) Cell configuration, Dmgr and Node agent available

3) Supports vertical, horizontal and mixed clustering so the application will deploy on cluster. It can support Work load management (WLM), single point of failure (SPF) and it support EJB clustering also.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I want to choose WAS for my applications..
    I am using MQ, and schedulers also in my app and want to deploy multiple apps on same WAS server.
    Can u suggest which one i can prefer..
    Below are the options I have..

    Base edition
    Node(ND)
    Deployment Manager(ND)

    I am using EJB and JSF Primefaces in my apps.

    ReplyDelete