Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Errors in WebSphere Application Server 6.1.0.9 when enabling SSL

I was working on a SSL configuration in one of my WAS servers and after I changed the default SSL setting I couldn't start the server (server1) anymore.


These are the errors I was getting (SystemOut.log for server1):

-----------------------------------

0000000a WSKeyStore E CWPKI0033E: The keystore located at "...../emsNode01Cell/nodes/emsNode01/trust.p12" failed to load due to the following error: Unable to verify MAC..

0000000a ORBRas E com.ibm.ws.orbimpl.transport.WSTransport createServerSocket P=173499:O=0:CT ORBX0390E: Cannot create listener thread. Exception=[ org.omg.CORBA.INTERNAL: CAUGHT_EXCEPTION_WHILE_CONFIGURING_SSL_SERVER_SOCKET, Exception=com.ibm.websphere.ssl.SSLException: java.io.IOException: Unable to verify MAC. vmcid: 0x49421000 minor code: 77 completed: No ].

----------------------

I went online and the only thing I found was asking me to go to the WAS Console and change the SSL configuration back to default. But, How I can do it if my server doesn't start ?


Well, the answer is easy (after you know how to do it):

Open your Security.xml file and fix it. My error was related to a wrong password in the trust.p12 file.... the password I didn't change. When I created a new SSL configuration with new Trust and Key stores, the password for trust.p12 got changed.

Open the Security.xml and check for any inconsistence

The password for trust.p12 had been changed to the password being used my SametimeTrustStore. Finally, default key and trust stores created by WebSphere have the same password ({xor}CDo9Hgw=), so I changed it back to the original and everything started working again.



This problem has been fixed in 6.1.0.13.
 
##########################################################################

No comments:

Post a Comment